Tuesday, January 31, 2012

22 of 52 (Rhyming!) Crepe's with Raspberry Cream!

As a request from:
hhhmmmmmmmm....... well it's winter, so I'd say something to involve with hot chocolate maybe, but I REALLY think you should make PANCAKES!
I decided to make crepes. I know that they aren't exactly pancakes but they are pretty close! The crepes were very simple, whisk the ingredients together, chill, cook, and serve! They do cook very fast so you do have to watch them the entire time. The cream was also very simple just cream chill, fill the crepes and enjoy! You can also have these for breakfast or snack.


Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 pinch salt
Directions:
In a blender combine eggs, milk, flour, salt and oil. Process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Heat a greased frying pan over medium heat. Pour some batter into pan, tilting to completely coat the surface of the pan. Cook 2 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
Makes 10 crepes

Ingredients:
  • 1 (8 ounce) container marscapone
  • 2 tbsp white sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp milk (any kind)*
  • 1 (or more) cup frozen raspberries

Directions:
Combine the marscapone, sugar, vanilla extract, a milk with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add raspberries slowly into mixture and refrigerate.

To assemble them I put the raspberry filling in a ziploc bag, snipped the corner and squirted into the crepes. I rolled them up, stuck toothpicks in them to keep them closed and froze them until dinner. They taste best when they are chilled but not frozen. 
*My cream was a little thin and I used 1 1/2 tbsp milk. I would suggest adding in a little less for thicker cream.














No comments:

Post a Comment