Since I've made s'mores cupcakes already I decided to make s'mores cookies! And they were delicious! My sister Mads gave me the recipe. The cookies were delicious by themselves and with marshmallows and melted chocolate they tasted even better! These aren't just graham crackers by the way, although graham crackers are one of the main ingredients the cookie isn't just graham crackers. The marshmallows go on top of the graham cracker but first you toast them in the oven. It was so cool to watch. They blew up really big in the pan but almost as soon as you take them out of the oven they deflate. They look amazing in the oven though. The only tricky part was getting them off the pan and onto the cookies. They didn't stick to the pan(I buttered it a LOT) but they did stick to the spatula, so I would pick some marshmallows up with the spatula and put them on the cookie but then they wouldn't come off the spatula... *sigh* but they taste soooo yummy!
- 10 graham cracker sheets, finely ground in a food processor
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine ground graham crackers, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until lighter and fluffy about 3-4 minutes. Stir in egg and vanilla. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until well combine.
- Scoop out 1 Tbsp dough at a time and form into a ball, then place dough balls onto greased baking sheet. Flatten dough balls slightly and bake 9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile generously butter a cookie sheet and spread miniature marshmallows in a single layer on cookie sheet. Heat oven to broil and toast marshmallows (do not walk away from them) for about 30 seconds - 1 minute until golden. Remove from oven and using a buttered spatula, scoop marshmallows over tops of cookies.
- In a small microwave safe mixing bowl combine chocolate chips, butter and water. Microwave chocolate on 50% in 30 intervals stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Pour mixture into a small ziploc bag or piping bag. Cut a small tip off the end and drizzle over S’mores Cookies. Store cookies in an airtight container.