For Cherry Ice-cream:
- 2 cup milk (any % you like, or even cream. I used soy-milk so it was dairy free because my mom, brother, and one of my sisters are lactose intolerant)
- 6 tablespoons sugar a few drops almond flavoring (this gives it a cherry flavor; almond and cherry trees are related)
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Snow (due to the lack of snow we have had in PA this year I used crushed ice)
- 1/4 cup salt (any salt with do, even table salt!)
- 1 quart sized plastic bag
- 1 gallon size plastic bag
Use the same ingredients but add 1 tbsp cocoa powder.
Mix the milk, sugar, flavoring, and chocolate chips in the quart size Ziploc bag. Make sure it is securely closed. Then, fill the bag about halfway full with snow or crushed ice. Next, add the salt to the snow in the gallon sized bag, put the smaller bag of ice cream mixture inside, and sealed it tight, squeezing all the air out. Mix and knead the bags until the milk mixture solidifies – about 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse the smaller Ziploc bag in the sink before opening it – you don’t want your ice cream to taste salty! (I froze my ice-cream bags for 2-3 hours before eating so it wasn't as melty). Pour or squeeze it into a bowl and enjoy! Add whipped cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkles, and a cherry you've got a sundae!
(to make chocolate mix the cocoa in when you mix the the milk, sugar, flavoring etc.)
For the whipped cream:
- 1 carton of whipping cream
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla flavoring
Whip all ingredients together until desired texture. I used a blender and it took about 30 sec.
If you make both kinds of ice-cream exactly as the recipe says above it serves about 6 people.