Monday, February 20, 2012

25th 52! Nutella Marscapone Calzone!

This was different. Very glad I made it though! A comment was left by Sun & Snow Ski Team saying that I should make cal-zones. I looked it up and found a recipe that used just regular pizza dough, but I wanted to make sweetened pizza dough so I made that from scratch. I was nervous because I put it in the microwave to rise (supposedly makes it rise faster) and I checked after 45 minutes and it didn't look liked it had changed at all. So I stuck a glass of really hot water in the microwave (another way to make it rise faster) and checked another half hour later, it looked a little bigger but not big enough. I tested to see if it was ready to roll out by sticking my thumb in and seeing if the indent stayed. It did so I rolled it out and filled it. I cooked it and then it was almost time for me to leave to go to a swim meet. I had to see if it tasted good and take pictures while it was still light out, so I cut a little bit of the end off and ate it and it was really good!

Sweetened dough recipe:
Ingredients:
  • 2 Cups Bread Flour
  • 1 Tsp Active Dry Yeast 
  • 1/4 Tsp Salt
  • 2 Tbs Sugar 
  • 2 Tbs Vegetable Oil 
  • 1 Egg 
  • 1/2 Cup Milk, lukewarm 
Directions:
Mix dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients. Mix the dough, loosely combining. Turn dough out on floured surface and knead. Allow dough to rise in a covered bowl in the microwave for about an hour and 45 minutes. To speed up rising place a glass of hot water in the corner of the microwave.
Recipe From Homemade Pizza Made Easy
Cal-zone recipe:
Ingredients:
  • Pizza Dough (see recipe above)
  • 3/4 cup Nutella
  • 3/4 cup Marscapone
  • A few pinches of sugar and cocoa powder
  • Butter
Optional:
  • A good amount of chopped almonds
  • A good amount of sweetened coconut
  • A good amount of mini marshmallows
Directions:
Roll out dough to be maybe 1/4 inch thick (it will puff up in the oven!)
Spread Nutella on one half of the dough and marscapone cheese on the other half. Sprinkle the optional ingredients on one side of the dough. Fold over the pizza dough and pinch edges together
Brush with butter and the sugar and cocoa powder
Bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated oven at 400°F for about 13 minutes.
Recipe adapted from The Sandwich Press






No comments:

Post a Comment