- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz chocolate chips (dark or milk chocolate)
Preheat oven to 350 and line 18 cupcake cups. Combine flour, sugar, paking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Beat with mixer on medium speed for 2 min. While beating melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 sec. intervals on 50% power until melted (about 2 minutes). Beat in chocolate until well blended. Fill up cupcake tins to about 1/2 inch below the edge. Bake 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 Tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer beat butter until smooth.
2. With the mixer running, Add 2 cups of powdered sugar, one cup at a time.
3. Add 4 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice, one tablespoon at a time.
4. Continue beating, and add the remaining 2 cups powdered sugar, chopped maraschino cherries, and remaining maraschino cherry juice. If desired, add a drop of pink food coloring.
5. Beat until fully combined. Refrigerate until ready to use. Icing recipe from Glorious Treats
Cut the top of the cupcake (the part above the liner) off and ice the cupcake. Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter cut out a heart shape in the center of the top of the cupcake. Dust powdered sugar on top and place the top of the cupcake back on the iced cupcake. You can put the heart cut-out on another iced cupcake.
Idea also from Glorious Treats