Monday, October 31, 2011

9th done! S'mores Cupcakes!

I love s'mores!! and the colder it gets the less we have bonfires and the less s'mores I get to eat. So I made these! I made these for a swim team party I was going too and they were d-lish! The chocolate I inserted into the center solidified but it gave the s'more some crunch! I added fluff to the icing but it didn't really change the taste except to make it whiter and personally I think it tasted better- not marshmallowy but yummier! I also didn't know how to separate eggs but it actually isn't too terribly hard and watching the egg whites whip is AWESOME!! I wish I had gotten it on video!! Without further ado here is how to make it!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs (I'll explain how to separate them)
  • 1/2 lb crushed graham crackers (about 8 full sheets)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 can (16 oz) vanilla icing
  • 1 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Directions:
First thing is to separate and stiffly beat the egg whites. Crack your first egg in half and make sure the yolk is on one side of the shell, dump the whites out of the other half of shell, now transfer the yolk into the other half of shell and dump the white out of the shell the yolk was originally in continue doing this until all of the whites are out of the shells. Don't throw the yolks out you will need them. Now dump the egg whites into a mixer and put it on the highest setting. Let them whip for about 5 min. They should be white and fluffy- they look kind of like soft serve ice-cream. Move the whipped egg-whites into another bowl and rinse the mixer out. Put butter, sugar, and egg yolks into the mixer and mix together. In another bowl mix together graham cracker crumbs, milk, baking powder, and vanilla. Combine the ingredients in the two bowls and fold in the egg whites. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 min.. The recipe said that it made 24 cupcakes but it only made 18 for me so to each their own.
For the topping, when the cupcakes are cooled completely melt the chocolate and put it into a squeeze bottle and squirt into the center of the cupcake, since I had extra I put some on top of the cupcakes too. Mix the icing and the fluff together and ice the cupcakes. Then gobble them up!!!


Stiffly beaten egg whites







It got a little messy, adding the chocolate to the top

1 comment:

  1. These tasted great. I thought the icing was marshmallowy. I would use nutella or chocolate ganache for the filling.

    ReplyDelete