Sunday, September 25, 2011

4 of 52! Extra Chocolate Cake Balls!

This is a chocolate lovers must-have! These are very rich, chocolatey, sweet, chocolatey, delicious, and did I mention they were chocolatey? These were soooo yummy! My little brother Henry helped me make these and between us I was surprised there was enough chocolate chips left to dip the cake balls in! this is a chocolate lovers dish, really it is.  I had been craving something VERY chocolatey and this pretty much covered it.  I loved the little chocolate chips in the middle it was like a little surprise. All I can say now is I <3 Chocolate!

Here's the Recipe!
Ingredients:
  • A Chocolate Cake (I used chocolate fudge cake mix)
  • A 12 oz bag of mini chocolate chips
  • Two 12 oz bag of regular size chocolate chips
  • 1 can of chocolate icing
  • Chocolate Sprinkles


And how to make it:
Crumble 3/4 of your cake (see the how to make cake balls post).  Add about 3/4 of your mini chocolate chips. Add 1/2 of your container (or until the cake will hold a ball shape) of icing and mix together thoroughly. Shape into about 36 1 1/2 inch balls and stick in a fridge for 8 hours or a freezer for 15-20 min. or until firm but not frozen.  Melt one bag of chocolate chips at 10 sec. intervals until completely melted and smooth (if your chocolate is too thick try adding shortening, remember hotter doesn't mean thinner).  If you had your cake balls in the freezer transfer them to the fridge now. Take about 5-6 cake balls out of the fridge at a time and dip them into the chocolate one at a time in the chocolate and turn them until fully coated. Repeat  with the rest of the cake balls.  When the chocolate starts to get low melt your second bag of chocolate; you might not need all of the chocolate chips. After you dip all of your cake balls sprinkle them with your chocolate sprinkles or add chocolate chips to the tops. And then eat them! I suggest that you refrigerate them after your done or they will probably melt.
And here are the pictures!





My *sometimes* cute little brother Henry!
                                               

2 comments:

  1. THESE WERE SO STINKING GOOOOOOOD. And alllll of my roommates loved them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! im glad that you liked them!

    ReplyDelete