So rich and yummy and chocolatey and delicious. So many calories, so worth it. This pie is no-bake and while some versions use raw eggs I used egg-beaters so it was completely safe to eat. This fluffs up really nicely and before it sets in the fridge it tastes like chocolate mousse! Add some cool-whip and you have a delicious dessert! Here's the recipe...
- 1 Ready made chocolate pie crust
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1 cup butter, softened (do not use margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 pasteurized eggs or equivalent fat-free cholesterol-free egg product
- Chocolate shavings to but on top
- Cool-whip to serve with pie
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat; cool. In small bowl with electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cooled chocolate and vanilla until well blended.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating on high speed 2 minutes after each addition; beat until mixture is smooth and fluffy. Pour into pie shell. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.