Monday, March 26, 2012

29th 52 French Silk Chocolate Pie!

Quick announcement before I talk food- I think I am going to start posting every two weeks. So I will still be doing a 52 each week but I will post two posts every two weeks. I still might post one each week occasionally but it's easier for me to do two at once. Anyway back to foodland!
___________________________________

So rich and yummy and chocolatey and delicious. So many calories, so worth it. This pie is no-bake and while some versions use raw eggs I used egg-beaters so it was completely safe to eat. This fluffs up really nicely and before it sets in the fridge it tastes like chocolate mousse! Add some cool-whip and you have a delicious dessert! Here's the recipe...

Ingredients:
  • 1 Ready made chocolate pie crust
  • 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
  • 1 cup butter, softened (do not use margarine)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 4 pasteurized eggs or equivalent fat-free cholesterol-free egg product
  • Chocolate shavings to but on top
  • Cool-whip to serve with pie
Directions:
  1. In 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat; cool. In small bowl with electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cooled chocolate and vanilla until well blended.
  2. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating on high speed 2 minutes after each addition; beat until mixture is smooth and fluffy. Pour into pie shell. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.







No comments:

Post a Comment