Sunday, November 20, 2011

12 Reese's Suprise Cupcakes!

Yay, I just got the pictures! I used a store bought cake-mix and homemade icing. What made these special was the reese's cup that I put in each one!! The one thing that you really need to make these is cupcake liners, if you don't have them the cupcakes will stick. Also don't push the reese cup down, it will sink a little while cooking. I did use a baking tip when I iced them but I attached it to a plastic bag because whenever I use an icing bag most of the icing ends up on me! The icing recipe I used is really simple and take probably 5-8 min. to make! Pictures to come (hopefully) but here is the recipe!

Ingredients:
  • Chocolate cake mix (and ingredients to make the cake)
  • 17-18 reese's cups (regular size)
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup cocoa
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1-2 tsp milk

Directions:
Prepare the cake mix as directed and put a giant tablespoon of batter into 12 cupcake slots in the cupcake tin. Put one reese cup on top of each tablespoon and put another tablespoon of batter on top of the reese cup. Cook at 350 for 17-22 min. or till a toothpick comes out clean, be careful that you don't hit the melted chocolate when you stick the toothpick in though. To make the icing first cream the butter and vanilla together in a mixer. Add the powdered sugar in 2-3 batches, add the cocoa and mix thoroughly, add the milk to make the frosting creamier. Chop the remaining 5-6 reese's cups up and set aside. Frost the cupcakes and add the chopped up reese's and enjoy!




 








2 comments: