Tuesday, November 8, 2011

#10!! Banana Cream Pies!

I have a little story. When I was 9 years old I went to my Grandmom and Grand-pop's house in Florida. Its like a tradition, my sisters went when they were 9 or so too. My Grandmom loves to cook and whenever one of us goes down there she teaches us a recipe.  My oldest sister Madeline learned how to make banana bread, Grace learned how to make beer bread, and she taught me how to make banana cream pie!  We used one ready made pie crust but this time I used 6 mini pie crusts.  The hardest part is trying not to eat all of the cool-whip! The recipe is pretty easy but its tastes AMAZING!!! Thanks for the recipe Grandmom!

Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg banana cream pie pudding mix
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 ripe banana very thinly sliced
  • 1 container of cool-whip
  • 1 ready-made graham cracker or chocolate crust (or 6 mini ones)
  • 1 block of dark chocolate
Directions:
Make the banana cream pudding using only 1 1/2 cups of milk instead of 2. Wait about 5 min. for the pudding to thicken then add 1/2 of the container of cool-whip. Mix together. Put the banana slices on the bottom of the pie leaving a couple out to put on the top of the pie. Put all of th filling into the pie crust and smooth out. Put the rest of the cool-whip and banana slices on top of the pie and grate the chocolate onto the pie. Serve Chilled.

Makes about one pie or 6 mini pies.


1 comment:

  1. those look soooooooooooooooo good! I regret looking at these pictures because I am hungry at the moment! I know what I want for my birthday! Those pies!

    ReplyDelete